Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thank You...

Well, today marked the second day of my new job with the YMCA of Central Kentucky. My official title is "Executive Assistant to the CEO" - not too shabby, eh?! I'm loving it already. The people I work with are so encouraging and helpful. I have the most incredible boss... driven, yet full of compassion. You don't get a much better combination than that. She runs the office efficiently and gracefully, and did I mention she's JACKED?? This woman is in far better shape than me and is more than twice my age. I hope that some of her exercise habits rub off!

I've had the privilege of training with the girl for who I am taking over. She is now a mother of three and is in a position where she can stay home with her kids. She's been in this position for about 6 years now and has done an amazing job! I've been told that I have "big shoes to fill." Whenever I hear that comment I think to myself, "Well... I've got pretty big feet!" Not trying to be prideful, but I think I'll do a great job for them, and hopefully I'll exceed all their expectations. I really enjoy the administrative side of work. I can leave the office at the end of the day with a tangible amount of work completed. I am a list-maker, an organizer, and somewhat of a perfectionist... so clerical work tends to be right up my alley!

All I can say is, "THANK YOU, LORD, FOR SUCH A GREAT OPPORTUNITY!" He is so gracious to have given me this chance with the YMCA. I knew my time with HH was coming to a close and I just keep looking back on all the things that happened to bring about this job. He definitely led me to this position... whether I knew it or not! I had prayed for something new - something that would bring me joy and fulfillment. And after one very frustrating day, I decided to begin the search for something different. The first place that popped up after my "Google" search was Career Builder. Can I just say that I LOVE that website?? This position with the YMCA was posted there and I kept coming back to read the job description. I thought, "Well, I just barely meet the experience requirement... but it's worth a shot." I didn't really think I'd get the job, but was hoping to at least be considered. Needless to say, I was wrong! I'm so thankful that He's allowed this doorway to open. I'm surrounded by a great team of people who have been doing this work for quite some time. The guidance being offered is such a welcomed difference. Not many people can say that they love their job... but I'm pretty sure I'll get to be one of those blessed few!!

3 comments:

Stefanie Schocke said...

Congrats I'm glad you are enjoying it! :)

becca said...

yeah for a new job! i am also one of those few that can say i freakin love my job!

miss you

Anonymous said...

Hey - did you ever get that football, or is that happening over Thanksgiving?

I meant to ask you about it before and forgot. :D Have a great trip tomorrow!