Monday, November 26, 2007

MORE BABY NEWS!!

My cousin, Kristen, just had her first baby today in Hungary!!! She and her husband, Kevin, moved there this past August to teach at the International Christian School of Budapest. Just months before they moved, Kristen found out she was pregnant - quite a piece of news to receive as you're preparing to leave the country!! But God has provided in such amazing ways for them. She has had a very smooth pregnancy and the people at their school (both American & Hungarian) have given of themselves to help both Kevin & Kristen during this time of transition. Seth Norman Yaiko (Norman, named for our late grandfather) came into the world at 6:17 pm Hungarian time, weighing in at approximately 3.2 kilos (7lbs., 1oz.). He is 51 cm. long (20 inches) and has dark hair!! He was born with the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck, but is doing just fine. Stefanie, Kristen's younger sister said that she is feeling well. I wish I was able to talk with her myself... but that's a little hard to do when you're overseas! It's tough being so far away from the people you love! Stefanie is keeping me updated with all the exciting news. I will post a picture or 2 as soon as I get some :) It seems that babies are everywhere these days! I'm sure my family will say that it's time for us to start thinking about kids. Sorry, folks... not just yet. THANK YOU, GOD, FOR BRINGING KRISTEN & SETH SAFELY THROUGH THIS EXPERIENCE!! Welcome to the family, little buddy - and congratulations, Kevin & Kristen :)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

That's so exciting! Please send me pictures when you get some and send the Dunham fam my congratulations!
~Jenny

Stefanie Schocke said...

Yes, those are the right stats on my blog! :) I talked to Kristen and they are great! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post for little Seth. It's hard to believe it was almost a month ago already!