Sunday, November 4, 2007

Congratulations!

My brother-in-law, Dorian, just got engaged last night!!!! He asked his girlfriend, Kristen, to marry him at Rosy Mound Natural Area last night and she (of course) said, "YES!" Shane & I were privileged to see the ring when we met up with all of them in Toledo a couple weekends ago. Unfortunately, we weren't able to make the trip out to Michigan to celebrate with them, but we're rejoicing just the same! We knew it was coming this weekend, so we waited by the phone last night. We got the call right after it happened and Kristen was just out of her mind with joy :) I asked her if she was surprised and she answered (in these exact words), "OH MY GOSH... I don't even know what to do with myself. I feel like one of those dogs chasing its tail - just running in circles!" I love that girl :) She just makes me laugh everytime I talk with her. Kristen has brought Dorian more happiness than we ever knew was in him! They are a great match and I'm thankful that God has put them in each other's paths. D & Kristen were friends LONG before they dated, and it's been so awesome to watch that relationship grow into a love relationship. We couldn't be more excited for you, brother & sister!!! Congratulations - and, Kristen... welcome to the family! :)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Congrats to Dorian and Kristen! From the very brief amount of time that I spent with her that one afternoon, I could tell what a fun and sweet girl she is. Give them my best!

All 3 DeHaven boys now have a wife (or soon to be!). One down with a kid...two more to go... JK. :)

Stefanie Schocke said...

Congrats!!! How exciting! :)