Monday, August 20, 2007

New Blog!

I've finally decided to join the world of blogging! A number of my friends have these and I figured... why not?! So here are the latest highlights from the DeHaven household:

-We moved to Nicholasville, KY in May
-We bought a townhouse
-I continue to work for the Hunter's Hope Foundation (sidenote: working from home is EXCELLENT!)
-Shane starts grad school in a couple weeks, but in the meantime he's working at Toyota of Nicholasville
-The dogs already act as if they own the place :)

We continue to search for a church that fits both our tastes, though having so many large churches around makes things a bit difficult. I'm just not too convinced of them yet :) God has brought some great people into our lives since the move. Our neighbors are awesome and we've already had lots of opportunities to get to know them. We recently had Shane's family down for a long weekend. It was such a blast! Mom & Dad D. came from Jamestown and Dorian & Kristen came from Michigan. We truly miss both of our families... it's been the first time in 4 years that we've been more than a short drive away. I think it's a bit tougher for Shane since he's never had to really move far away - though I must admit, even after 5 moves growing up, it doesn't get any easier.

I'm thankful for this time of change. It is stretching me in ways that I couldn't imagine and has brought many new adventures. It'll be interesting to see what comes of it all...

0 comments: