Monday, June 23, 2008

AFI's 10 Top 10

So my friend, Katie, and I have decided that we're going to watch every movie on this year's AFI 10 Top 10 list - this means the 10 best (voted on by AFI) movies in 10 different genres... and for all you math majors, that's 100 movies total. I know we're a bit pathetic, but let's be honest folks - I live in Kentucky. :) I used to think that I had seen more movies than most since Shane & I are both huge cinema fans. When reviewing the list, however, it became clear that although I have seen a CRAP-load of movies, most of them wouldn't even come close to making this list. While I'm not terribly surprised by this fact, we received shocked responses from Shane and some other friends when listing off the movies I/we have yet to see. Here's just a snapshot of our list:

It's a Wonderful Life (I know... I'm terrible)
Finding Nemo
Snow White
Bambi
Caddyshack (which we actually checked off last night!)
Scarface
Good Fellas (which Katie has not seen)
Pulp Fiction
Shane (probably worth a look considering...)
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Roman Holiday
The Ten Commandments

2 comments:

Stefanie Schocke said...

How bad is it that I haven't seen any of those- maybe Bambi and Snow White when I was a kid.

I don't really like movies....:)

Anonymous said...

You've never seen Finding Nemo? Have fun watching your movies!