Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Glucola?? Hmm...

At my doctor's appointment today I was given a bottle of orange "Glucola" that contains 50 grams of sugar. I have to consume this entire bottle within 5 minutes on the morning of my next appointment (March 23) so they can stick my finger with a needle and check my blood glucose levels. Awesome. Here's my question - why is it that they don't provide any type of organic alternative to this nasty synthetic garbage?! I'm not in the habit of taking in processed sugars or any other dyes/toxins on a regular basis ON PURPOSE... so why would I want to spike my normal levels with an INorganic sugar and all other sorts of crap? I'm hoping that my midwife will allow me to drink 14 ounces of organic grape juice - which would also equal 50 grams of sugar. I feel this is a valid and reasonable alternative, don't you? And here's another profile shot of my growing belly & baby girl! :)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Yeah baby bump Parker! I managed not to drink the sugar drink this time. My friend and I eat took a different route than normal and still got our sugar levels tested. So ask! I hope they let you!

Kristen said...

Oops, I meant *each took a different route) :)

Rachel said...

awesome point, amy! My girlfriend couldn't keep her nasty drink down, so they let her eat jelly beans. so they must give alternatives.

LOVE the bump!

Rachel said...

yeah, totally spelled your name wrong. my bad. :-)