Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Anticipation & Other Updates

We leave on Friday afternoon to make the drive down to Orlando, Florida. Why, you ask? Because we'll be spending ALL of next week in Disney World with the DeHaven Family!!! I am so excited about this trip and wait with anticipation for Friday to arrive! Have you ever noticed that when you look forward to something, it takes that much LONGER to happen? Ugh...

In other update news, I was able to fly to NY (thanks to my mom!) for Houghton College's Homecoming a couple weekends ago! My dad was inducted into their Hall of Honor for his accomplishments as a student athlete as well as his continued contributions to the school since his time as a student. It was a great time for him and my family - I feel so blessed that I could be there for it! And while I was there I got to meet Molly MacDonald for the first time. Molly is my sister's niece on the Luckey side of the family and is absolutely ADORABLE! Here are a couple pictures of her from our little visit. (Check out her "Future Highlander" onesie in the 2nd shot!)


Is she not the cutest child ever??! I was also able to visit with my friend, Cherith, for a bit since they've moved back up to Houghton. They are doing great in their new place, and it was nice to be able to catch up a bit while in our old stomping grounds! The rest of the weekend was spent with my family and we just had a blast together. The weather was great and the fellowship was sweet - I couldn't have asked for a better time!

Here's looking to Friday...

1 comments:

Stefanie Schocke said...

So great about your dad!

Have a blast in FL!!! Jealous :)

Also, WHAT A CUTIE!!!!!