Wednesday, September 19, 2007

New Floor...

So, Shane & I have decided to enter into some fairly major home improvements. The first thing to change is the upstairs flooring - from carpet to laminate hardwood. The second thing is the addition of 2 windows in the family room. Note: this second project is considerably bigger and would require outside help. The floor seemed like an easy enough job, especially with my handy-man of a husband ;) The goal is to give the upstairs a facelift without dumping a TON of money into it... thus the laminate. Our sad carpet has become hideous due to the lack of care given by the previous owners (lots of comments I'd like to add here, but will refrain for the sake of time). What's sad is that it would look so nice had it been kept clean, though I guess that's wishful thinking at this point. We also have 2 dogs & I'd rather not have my carpet - or the rest of the upstairs - smelling like them. Sorry puppies... I love you, but I don't want your scent everywhere!

To start the project, we figured we'd start where we always start... good old Lowe's!! We've been to Lowe's about a billion times since moving here, though I think within the last week the Lowe's employees have begun to wonder about us. Our most recent visits have looked like this: we come in, go directly to the flooring department, linger for at least 40 minutes, yet never come away with ANY purchases. Tonight we were fully prepared to make our decision and BUY the flooring - but the guy Shane wanted to deal with was helping another customer. Rather than just standing around, we checked to make sure our top 2 choices were still available. And guess what?? 1 of our 2 options was not even on the shelves anymore!! So, Shane looked at me and said, "Welp... I guess that decision's been made!" We then proceeded to wait for about 40 minutes (yet again) and "our guy" was still tied up. I gave Shane the look... the one all husbands have come to despise... and he knew it was time to go. We walked out the door for the THIRD time in a row with empty hands. I guess I'll have to endure this carpet for at least another week :(

4 comments:

Stefanie Schocke said...

Hey Aimee-
Your little niece is so cute! How are you guys doing??? It sounds like Shane is being quite the helpful, handy husband! We miss you. Hopefully we can plan a trip to KY sometime! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow - ambitious. I wish the best for you guys and your undertakings. Tell Shane I say hi and hope he's enjoying school.

Anonymous said...

Have fun. Wait until you check out at Lowe's. The one in our neighborhood usually has 2 cashiers working - on Saturday no less!!!! Very frustrating.

Anonymous said...

Time to update your blog!